Thursday, July 28, 2011

Movie Review - 'Geu nom moksori' Korean movie 'Voice of a Murderer'

I am a movie buff and my love for movies knows no barrier of languages.
And given my love for them, I always wanted to write reviews or rather my opinion on how the movie was. But my first review had to be special and hence I was waiting for that special movie which would be the first to feature on my blog. So when I saw this movie today, a Korean movie made in 2007, I knew, I had found the movie :)
So my readers, here I go...

Korean Movie titled 'Geu nom moksori' - English title 'Voice of a Murderer'

Belonging to the Genre of Drama/Thriller, this movie touched me. The movie is inspired by a true incident of kidnaping and is set in 1991 Seoul, South Korea. The story revolves around a successful News reader, his beautiful wife and 9 year old son who is about to turn 10 in about a month's time. His near perfect fairy tale life comes crashing when his son is kidnapped and the rest of the movie is about the pain, anxiety and decreasing hope that they would find their son.

The lead cast, Kyung-gu Sol as the tormented father is unbelievably real in his emotions. One of the scenes where he breaks down on Live television, brought a lump to my throat. Nam-ju Kim's performance as the mother was brilliant. Be it her efforts to make her son shed some weight or preparing the supper for her son's birthday hoping that he would come back to her, was lovely. My heart ached for her and I could feel her emotions, despite my handicap in understanding Korean. She spoke thru her eyes.

Coming to other aspects of the movie, the screenplay was very gripping and the background music added just the right amount of tension and emotion that was required.

Kudos to the Director, Jin-pyo Park, who has also written the movie, has done total justice to the movie. This movie is by far the best I have seen amongst the ones based on kidnapping.

I highly recommend my readers to watch this movie.

Ratings:
Direction: 9/10
Acting by Lead Actors:10/10
Technical Aspects:9/10
Over All Rating:9.4/10

2 comments:

  1. Wow such a good rating will def try to get this movie ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. please also guide your followers as to where they can watch this. did you see it on TV or you got a DVD from some posh store in your neighbourhood that stocks international movies?

    ReplyDelete